9/10/2011

Dress Burda 8/2011-125 - part 3

Finally the dress is done! With a couple more changes.



First, I wanted to lengthen the sleeves but the result was really ugly. Since I didn't like the above elbow length I shortened them. The pattern was supposed to have a side zipper, but I inserted it in the back. This change influenced the collar, which is now opened in the back. It looks nice, as well as the knotted front. :-)



I didn't line it because I planned to wear it with a slip.



Oh, I love this dress! I will make it again with longer sleeves.



Ciao! :-))

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely! It really worked out well, it looks great. Can't wait to see your long-sleeved version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your collar much better than the one in the magazine, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I think I will sew the long sleeved version before I jump into sewing my coat.
    Health permitting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress! It's such a flattering style - and the tie at the neck adds a romantic touch : )

    I've just started working on my dress! Thank you so much for sending me a copy of your pattern!!! Hope it comes out half as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete