Orange linen pants 3F Burda easy fashion F/S 2009

Those were the base of my perfect pants. But now I know many more things about adjustments and decided do it all over again to get another perfect pants pattern!

Voila the result!

Firstly, material notes: Linen from stash, old zipper, cotton scraps for facing and snaps for closure (since there were no matching buttons).

Secondly, what I did: Traced the pattern size 40 waist/42 hips of pants 3F Burda easy fashion F/S 2009. Made the alterations I wanted (swayback, scooped the crotch line and added the missing width to hips, "tall-ified" the pattern ,i.e. lengthened the body of pants and the part above the knee) without muslining. I just knew they would fit!

Oh, I also added back pockets.
The whole making process was quick and easy, except for topstitching. The machine simply didn't want to do it. I successfully topstitched only the pockets, after serial jamming I gave up.

Yay! Winner! Just have to scoop the back crotch line some more and make my fall pants!

Not that it's particularly visible, but should I have placed the back pocket lower?