A Burda dress...muslin

Leafing through some of my sewing magazines I got totally inspired by a balloon dress. Then immediately dug up three patterns. One of them is this one from Burda. Another one, that totally thrills me, is from La mia Boutique. The third, also a Burda, is very cute but will wait a minute before I finish these two. :-) More details coming...

The alterations made: lengthened top and slight swayback adjustment.
Fabric: two pieces of fabric from stash, gold and brown with some shine. Almost no remnants left. :-)

I cut a size 40 (hips 42) and it was too big, and somehow too high at the neck. Never encountered this problem before. And haate the sleeves!

After the first few alterations on the dress I still wasn't happy how it looked so I changed few more things: changed the sleeves for cape sleeves and inserted elastic in the hem where the pattern called for a string.

And the neckline will be round...

I'll show you the almost done dress in a minute! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment