6/06/2011

Hello!

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all doing great!

Thanks to all that occasionally stopped by while I was absent!

And now, I shall resume where I left off last time.

So...

There hasn't been much sewing going on around here in the last months, but last week I sewed as if I was obsessed! I took up some UFOs and sewed from stash.


This dress was my second attempt to subtraction cutting. I made it in January. I used fabric from stash that I wouldn't have used otherwise. It ended up being my carnival dress. I was a flower garden, with accent on lilies of the valley. :-D
I made the loosely appliqued leaves from remnants of the same green fabric and flowers from egg cartons painted white, and attached them with embroidery floss to the dress and hat.

I imagined the striped fabric to be an aerial view of the flower fields in Netherlands...:-)

I don't love those colors, but will try this technique again with fabric I actually like, because I really like the result!

Have a nice and creative time!

B

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you back to blogging! I have missed your wonderful creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Juli!

    ReplyDelete