9/01/2011

First day of Self Stitched September '11 and Autumn Glasses



August has been a very productive month for me (all due to allergie induced confinement :-( ). The list includes a new pair of pants (waiting to be lined), two blouses, lots of underwear, 5 refashioned skirts, a little girl's dress, 3 dress muslins and 2 blouse muslins. (Did I forget something?) I haven't blogged about some of them yet. I need to catch up with the posting part. But when you sew, you don't have time to blog, right? Hopefully September will prove to be as productive, if not more than that.

Today is the first day of Self Stitched September '11. Have you updated your wardrobe with self stitched garments? I'm quite settled when it comes to underwear! I will not be showing you that in the posts, though. Scroll a few post down if you are so curious.. :-))



The self stitched items of the day are my top, pants and undies. :-)
Aaand I need to find my Flickr password to join the group - fast!!!

I also finished my Four Seasons challenge! Here is the recipe for the Bicchieri Autunno or Autumn glasses:

Bicchieri Autunno or Autumn glasses

You will need:

1. Almonds and sugar for caramel

2. Egg yolks, sugar and wine for zabaione

basic ratio - 2 eggyolks, 2 spoonfull sugar, 1 dl wine ; to get a thicker crean add less wine

3. Some chocolate to garnish


And now the process:

Caramelize the sugar in a pan and add ground or chopped almonds to taste. When done pour onto a greased surface.

To make zabaione combine the eggyolks with sugar in a pot and wisk untill foamy, then add the wine.


Cook and wisk until the foamy cream thickens.

Crumble the caramel and add to your panna cotta glasses.

Then add the zabaione and garnish with some almonds and chocolate.

Enjoy! :-))

Right away would be best...

No comments:

Post a Comment