4/23/2018

White top Burda 12/2014-105


Here it is, my top for the 2018 Tops That Pop  sewalong!

I was curious to try this pattern from Burda 12/2014. It is a tall pattern and it needed just a few little touches to fit well. I made a muslin with the sleeves but didn't like it, so I opted for a sleeveless version, which is also more appropriate for this time of year. :)

I love it! Even more since it's a true stash busting project. Everything from stash. I bought this nice elasticised white floral jacquard ( like light matelasse) years ago to make a skirt, but never got around to doing it. I bet because it was white. Perfect for a top, though, and super light. I feel like I'm wearing nothing.

I think I could make this one again. Since it's pieced, it's also a great pattern for upcycling projects.

And now, what's next?



2 comments:

  1. Oh Barbara your top is really pretty and dainty. You are going to have me digging through my stash looking for some type of stretch woven fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Thanks! Yes, why not? I'm sure you have something pretty waiting for you in the stash!

    ReplyDelete