9/02/2010

Apple cake recipe

I owe a recipe to Maggie! Here it is directly from the cook book. My only cook book in English, heh!

Wholemeal Apple Round ( from The Hamlyn New All Colour Cookbook)

You will need:

1 medium cooking apple

225 gr / 8 oz wholemeal flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 teaspoons baking powder

50 gr / 2 oz butter or margarine

50 gr / 2 oz soft brown sugar

about 150 ml / 1/4 paint milk

For the glaze:

a little milk

1 teaspoon demerara sugar

Peel, core and finely chop the apple. Put the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Rub in the butter or margarine, then stir in the sugar and chopped apple. Add the milk and mix to form a soft but not sticky dough.

Roll out on a floured surface to a 5mm / 1/4 inch thick round. Place on a greased baking tray and mark into eight wedges. Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with demerara sugar. Bake at 200C / 400F / gas 6 for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm with butter.

Ok, my cake was based on this recipe. I used Integral flour and diced the apples. Also, I think there was too much milk so the dough was sticky and I couldn't roll it out. Because of the flour, I guess. Well, it didn't look like in the cookbook picture but was tasty anyway!

I hope you get better results! Let me know.

PC040003 [Rezolucija ekrana]


No comments:

Post a Comment